Saturday, February 4, 2012

bits & pieces

Well, I just spent 2 hours writing and editing a great blog about today, when my computer went nuts, highlighted all the text, deleted it, then autosaved it, in the space of about 1 second.  It actually does that frequently, but never with the bad luck of immediate autosave.  Since I can't recover anything except a lone "y", and it's late, I'll substitute this.
Some favorite Elias quotes:

(in a Welsh accent, from watching BBC videos) Mom! Quit muckin' about!

Me: Not yet. Elias: Not yet...(3 seconds pass)...is it "yet" yet?

(in a crafts store) Elias: Look, grapes! Me: no, those are fake grapes.
Elias (pretending to pick and eat the grapes) umm...grape-y!  (with great emotion) I very like grapes.

(when told to go to bed) But I'm too TIRED to go to bed!
(when in bed) I'm too TIRED to go to sleep.  
(also, from bed) Mom!  I'm asleep, Mom!

(and of course I forget others, now that I'm writing them down!)

A quick anecdote from yesterday:
I was on the phone so of course Elias insisted I help him find The Great Discovery on Netflix on my iPhone, relinquished to him to keep him busy while I talked, because he is very jealous of me talking to others.  I opened search, typed it in and found it for him, still having my conversation.  He moved onto my lap and started watching the movie, but only a minute before he decided that wasn't quite right.  He wanted Super Why instead.  I tried ignoring him, but he became very insistent that I help him, because "Why wasn't why working?!" Huh?  I looked at the iPhone thrust in my face.  He had opened the Netflix search engine and typed in WHY, but Super Why episodes wouldn't come up.  He'd spelled it correctly, but didn't erase "great discovery" first.  Wow.  I never (intentionally) showed him how to do that--he just figured it out from watching.  Of course then my conversation switched to how smart he is, so he then got both his wishes:  to watch Super Why and have himself at the center of my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment