Sunday, March 4, 2012

thumb prayers

The greatest thing happened to me last night. We were down in the basement, he, playing, and I, working on a quilt for his bed. Early he'd disregarded my warning and handled the rotary cutter, and had consequently given himself a nick on his thumb. We duly put on a bandage (he wears them like badges of honor) and returned to our activites. About 1/2 hr later he stopped, ran over to me, and held out his thumb.

"Mom, will you pray for me?" he asked.
What? Did I hear that right? "What'd you say, Elias?"
"Mom, will you pray for me, for my thumb?"

Awwww! How absolutely wonderful. So of course I prayed over his thumb, and, satisfied, he happily ran back to whatever it was he was doing.

He's never asked for prayer before. As one who foolishly/stubbornly/faithlessly neglects to ask for enough prayer herself, I most certainly hope (and pray) that this would continue to come easily for him, and he would know the power and presence of prayer interwoven in all aspects of his life. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Jacob stopped writing to bow his head during church today and then recited the lord's prayer with us. I was really proud of him. It is fun to watch them grow in faith.

    ReplyDelete